Our standard classes are interactive and may include the following teaching methods:
• Videos of Jim Fay, Dr. Charles Fay, and Dr. Foster Cline, telling stories
• Reviewing and discussing the videos
• Doing simple exercises in a parent workbook
• Role-playing and group-work
• Problem solving with spouses or other parents
• Homework and practice with your own kids
• Asking questions about specific parenting scenarios
• Having a TON of fun and laughs
Typically, classes are taught in five two-hour sessions. Though this may seem like a lot of time, you probably spend more than this each month at the grocery store, watching movies, or hanging out with friends. Make your family's health, happiness, and wellbeing a priority!
The strategies and techniques learned in the general Love and Logic® class can be used for toddlers, preschoolers, elementary-aged children, pre-teen, and teens. We also offer classes geared specifically for parents of toddlers and preschoolers. These "Love and Logic for Early Childhood" courses are sponsored by Smart Beginnings of Greater Roanoke for a reduced cost. If made available, childcare may be included at an additional cost.
We also offer shorter, introductory classes that can range from an hour to four hours, depending upon the needs of the group. Options for this type of class include:
• One hour introductory class to spark interest
• Lunch and Learn: hosted by a company for employees
• Saturday/Sunday one time class
Hosting a Class
If your organization is interested in hosting a class, please click here. Part of the earnings from the class will be given to your organization for each individual you register.
Class Cancellations & Refunds
Each class must meet a minimum number of participants, otherwise the class will be cancelled. Cancellations that are initiated by Blue Ridge Parenting LLC will result in a refund of your course fees, unless you chose to apply your course fees to a future class reservation.
Scholarships are available for under-served families through the generous support of Carilion Clinic's Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Department.
For more information, please contact Decca Knight using the Contact Us form.
Copyright © 2018 Blue Ridge Parenting LLC | All Rights Reserved