Do your kids argue and fight with each other? Blue Ridge Parenting LLC can help.
Do your kids' rooms look like disaster areas? Blue Ridge Parenting LLC can help.
Are your kids always making you late? Blue Ridge Parenting LLC can help.
Is the bedtime battle wearing you out? Blue Ridge Parenting LLC can help.
Do you get into power struggles with your teenagers? Blue Ridge Parenting LLC can help.
• How to raise responsible kids
• How to avoid power struggles
• How to parent without yelling or spanking
• How to get your kids to do their chores
• How to get your kids to bed on time
• How to stop your children from bickering and fighting
• How to get your teenager to come home on time
• How to discipline in public without causing a scene
• How to create effective and natural consequences
• How to turn mistakes into learning opportunities
• How to handle whining and complaining
• And much, much more!
Register with Blue Ridge Parenting to be added to our mailing list. You will receive updates about upcoming classes and seminars.
"Like" us on FB to participate in parent discussion, get updates, and learn about collaborations with other businesses.
Love and Logic® is a parenting philosophy developed in 1977 by Jim Fay and Foster Cline, M.D. Together they have over 75 years experience in working with and raising kids. It is the philosophy of choice among leading educators, parents, and other professionals worldwide. There are hundreds of trained independent facilitators of Love and Logic® throughout the world.
Facilitators, such as Decca, teach parenting courses to help others unlock the secrets of successful parenting. Participants in the classes receive practical, easy-to-use techniques that work - not just a lot of theory. The course objectives include:
• Identifying steps to responsibility
• Recognizing who has the control
• Offering appropriate choices
• Identifying who the problem belongs to
• Setting limits for children by using enforceable statements
• Recognizing empathetic responses
• Designing appropriate consequences
• Designing strategies for resolving a problem situation
Decca’s parenting classes are filling a great need among parents in the Roanoke Valley. I have recommended her program to a great many of my clients and see it helping those with preschoolers through teens. I have heard nothing but rave reviews of Decca’s teaching and the practical advice Love and Logic offers. The program has reduced the amount of tension and corporal punishment in the home and given parents hope that they can turn around very difficult situations. Thanks for creating this invaluable service in our community! I will continue to recommend it highly! - Dr. Lisa Rochford, Roanoke Area Psychologist
Click here to read what others have to say about our class offerings, the Love and Logic® philosophy, and the results of applying the tools and techniques.
Based in Roanoke, Virginia, Blue Ridge Parenting LLC is owned and operated by Decca Knight, M.A.Ed., L.P.S.C., & C.T.S.
Decca is a wife, mother, and eternal optimist. She was an elementary school counselor and Family Intervention Specialist for six years. Currently she is working "in-residency" in private practice in Salem, VA. In an effort to further help kids and parents, Decca began studying the Love and Logic Parenting® philosophy. She has attended training with the inventors of Love and Logic®, Jim Fay and Dr. Foster Cline. Decca is one of only six trained facilitators in Virginia. Her time with Jim and Foster energized her to come back to Virginia and share the tools and strategies of Love and Logic® with others.